Much of 2014 has been dominated by stories of Justice, Law and Injustice. If popular culture is a reflection of society and culture, what do the changing storylines of law-and-crime suggest about how we feel about Justice? Do these stories influence the way that we see our own societies? This can be illustrated by looking at the structures of some of the more successful film and TV shows.
Tag Archives: Ten Commandments
Is Popular Culture influencing our perception of Justice?
posted by Culture Decanted
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
Tagsadvertising anthropology archetype Carl Jung culture culture decanted Decode film future history language long reads marketing Metaphor Modernity movies myth mythology narrative popular culture psychology semiotic Semiotics social society sociology story symbolism technology writing
- The Semiotics of Ageing in Advertising: Our changing discussion on age
- Is there a modern mythology of immortality or is it that some stories never die?
- Have we become the White Rabbit? The experience of Time in the Postmodern Era
- Vigilantism and Justice in modern society: a popular culture analysis
- Is Popular Culture influencing our perception of Justice?