Food is central to the evolution of man and culture. Eating food performs a base nutritional function; it is its symbolic role in either supporting or differentiating individual, social and cultural identity that is more influential. We consume our identities through our food and drink choices. The changing nature of modern society is resulting to differences in what food communicates and how we use it to develop and express our identities.
Tag Archives: presidents
Eating yourself: We consume identity through food?
posted by Culture Decanted
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
Tagsadvertising anthropology archetype Carl Jung culture culture decanted Decode film future history language long reads marketing Metaphor Modernity movies myth mythology narrative popular culture psychology semiotic Semiotics social society sociology story symbolism technology writing
- The Semiotics of Ageing in Advertising: Our changing discussion on age
- Is there a modern mythology of immortality or is it that some stories never die?
- Have we become the White Rabbit? The experience of Time in the Postmodern Era
- Vigilantism and Justice in modern society: a popular culture analysis
- Is Popular Culture influencing our perception of Justice?