Proper names are poetry in the raw. Like all poetry they are untranslatable. W. H. Auden It is easier than ever to have multiple identities online; allowing us to be the virtual persona we might wish we could be. At a time when individualism is a driving force in western society, it’s ironic that so […]
Tag Archives: linguistics
The Signature Resigned [Names: part 2]
posted by Culture Decanted
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
Tagsadvertising anthropology archetype Carl Jung culture culture decanted Decode film future history language long reads marketing Metaphor Modernity movies myth mythology narrative popular culture psychology semiotic Semiotics social society sociology story symbolism technology writing
- The Semiotics of Ageing in Advertising: Our changing discussion on age
- Is there a modern mythology of immortality or is it that some stories never die?
- Have we become the White Rabbit? The experience of Time in the Postmodern Era
- Vigilantism and Justice in modern society: a popular culture analysis
- Is Popular Culture influencing our perception of Justice?